Troubleshooting for DuraLabel Bronco
Last Modified: 06/30/2021
If something seems to be wrong with your DuraLabel Bronco, refer to the solutions below. If the problem is not resolved by following the recommended steps, please contact our support team.
Recalibrating Bronco’s Sensors
If you are using die-cut or partially printed label stock, and Bronco is not printing or cutting the labels in the right place, the printer’s internal sensors may need to be recalibrated.
- First, make sure that the printing preferences have been set correctly. Save any open work and close your label design program. Then, use the Devices and Printers window to set the driver settings appropriately for your label stock. (See section “Choosing Driver Settings”.)
- Then, turn off your Bronco using the switch at the back of the printer.
- While the printer is off, press and hold the Feed/Cancel button on the top of the printer. Turn the printer on again, continuing to hold the button.
- The indicator light in the button will flash green and then glow solid red, and then blink red in a repeating pattern while you hold the Feed/Cancel button. When the red light is blinking, release the button.
- Bronco will automatically feed label stock through as it recalibrates its sensors. When recalibration stops, you can open the printer (as if you were changing supplies) and roll the label stock back to avoid waste. The leading edge of your next label should rest at the top of the black rubber roller beneath the print head carriage.
- Close your printer, open your label design again and try printing once more.
Checking Supply Loading
Most of the errors that will prevent Bronco from printing are simply the result of a misfeed of the supplies in the printer. If a problem occurs and the indicator light blinks red or yellow, follow these steps to check the supply loading.
- Turn off the printer using the switch in the back and open the lid as if you were going to load new supplies.
- Raise the print head carriage by pressing the two green carriage release tabs, and check the ribbon:
- Check that the printing ribbon unrolls from the back of the fresh ribbon roll on the underside of the print head carriage.
- Check that the ribbon can move smoothly from that fresh roll, up and over the metal print head, and up to the take-up roll on the top side of the print head carriage.
- Check that the fresh roll of ribbon and the take-up roll of used ribbon are both seated correctly, with the notches in the rolls fitting onto tabs on their holders.
- Now, look at the label stock:
- Check that the roll of label stock is roughly centered on its spindle, with the label stock unrolling from it so that the print surface (and not the paper backing) is facing up.
- Check that the label stock is feeding between and beneath the two movable green guides under the print head carriage.
- Check that the label stock is reaching over the top of the gray rubber roller under the print head.
- After checking the supplies, press the print head carriage back down until it latches securely on each side. Close the lid and turn the printer on again. Your label may print out correctly as the printer restarts.
More Support Options
If you have any questions about using your DuraLabel Bronco printer, get help from Graphic Products’ world-class support team by calling 800-788-5572 or visiting GraphicProducts.com. We’re here to help with all your labeling needs!