Please review the following safety instructions before using the Lobo.
- Keep the printer away from humidity and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. The Lobo is intended for indoor use only.
- Use the Lobo only with the provided 19V DC power supply, model EA10953.
- Check the power source voltage before connecting the printer to a power outlet.
- Disconnect the printer from the power outlet when not using the printer or charging the battery.
- Before plugging the power cord into the Lobo, make sure the On/Off switch is set to Off.
- DO NOT pour liquid onto the printer or printer parts.
- ONLY qualified service personnel should attempt to perform maintenance on the printer.
- The printer MUST be turned off before any type of maintenance work is done.
- The Lobo may build a small static charge in static-sensitive environments. Do not operate the Lobo near flammable materials.
- The power outlet should be near the printer and easily accessible for quick power disconnection.
- Remove the battery and unplug the printer from the wall socket to completely disconnect power.
- Never throw the Lobo battery into a fire as it could explode.
- Never disassemble the Lobo battery, as leakage and damage may occur.
- Puncturing the Lobo battery may result in fire.
- Do not step or stand on the Lobo battery.
- Do not bring the Lobo battery terminals into contact with another metal object.
- Do not expose the Lobo battery to any liquid or direct sunlight.
- Do not store the battery in a locked or unventilated vehicle where extreme temperatures may be experienced.
- Always keep the Lobo battery out of reach of infants or small children.
- Dispose of the Lobo battery in accordance with local regulations regarding battery disposal.
- DANGER: Risk of explosion if battery is replaced by an incorrect type. Dispose of used batteries according to their instructions.
- NOTE: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
- WARNING: Do not place your fingers between the label cutting blades. If you must clear a label jam, use a tool; do not use your fingers.
The label cutting blade is located on the inside of the printing unit, where the print cartridge label material exits the printer. The cutting blade is sharp and cycles automatically after a label is printed.
Under normal operating conditions, the blade poses no harm to a user. The Lobo is designed so that the blade cannot cycle unless a print cartridge is sensed in the printing compartment. Also, the blade mechanism is equipped with an over-torque circuit that is meant to shut off the blade if too much resistance is sensed.
But you should be aware that the blade still has the potential to cause injury. Never place your fingers between the blades at any time. If you must clear a label jam from between the blades, use a tool, such as a pen, pencil, or pliers. Be sure to turn the printer off before attempting to clear a jam.
WARNING: The Lobo is shipped with the battery removed. Don’t use in static-sensitive environments.
More Support Options
If you have any questions about using your DuraLabel Lobo printer, get help from Graphic Products’ world-class support team by calling 800-788-5572 or visiting GraphicProducts.com. We’re here to help with all your labeling needs!