With your DuraLabel PRO/PRO 300 printer and a few supplies, you’ll be printing standard and custom labels in no time.
IMPORTANT! Always turn the printer OFF when loading supplies. Always wait at least 5 seconds before turning power back ON.
Like visuals? You can view the instructional tutorial here: DuraLabel Lab PRO User Guide
Prefer video instructions? You can watch the tutorials here:
How to Load Supplies in a DuraLabel PRO Series Printer
Loading Specialty Supply in the DuraLabel PRO Series
Loading Shrink tube in the DuraLabel PRO Series
DuraLabel Ribbon and Vinyl Supplies have been optimized for compatibility and print quality. Only authorized DuraLabel supplies from Graphic Products will print correctly in the DuraLabel PRO/PRO 300 printer.
- Supply loading diagram
- Label supply roll
- Label roll mounts
- Fixing tabs
- Teflon bar (white)
- Adjustable label guides (turquoise)
- Media sensor/B Mark sensor (turquoise)
- Platen roller (black)
- Printed label opening
Printer Ribbon Parts
NOTE: Spindle flanges should be inserted right side when facing printer.
Open the ribbon mechanism cover by pressing down and in to unlatch it, then lift it up and back to open. Next, follow the instructions for the size of the supply you’re loading: 4.3” ribbon or 2.5” ribbon.
LOADING 4.3" RIBBON SUPPLY
- With spindle flange on right side, load ribbon onto an empty ribbon supply spindle, with the ribbon leader extended over the top and toward the back.
- Slide the ribbon onto the spindle until it touches the spindle flange.
- Apply the paper core to the other empty ribbon rewind spindle.
- Apply the ribbon supply spindle to the rear hub, with the ribbon leader dropped down. Insert the left side of the spindle first, fitting it onto the left hub, then fitting the right (flanged) side onto the right hub.
- Place the ribbon rewind spindle (with paper core) on the front hubs by inserting the left side of the spindle first, fitting it onto the front spring-loaded hub. Then fit the right (flanged) side of the spindle onto the right hub.
- Open the printer cover by pulling the release levers on the sides of the printer toward you.
- Grab the ribbon leader that is hanging down.
- Pull it toward you and underneath the ribbon mechanism and print head, up to the front hub and ribbon rewind spindle. NOTE: The ribbon should rotate with ease as you unroll it.
- Tape the entire width of the end of the ribbon leader to the ribbon rewind spindle’s paper core, placing one piece of tape horizontally.
- Roll the ribbon rewind spindle (top side of spindle moving away from you) to secure the ribbon supply and eliminate wrinkles, fingerprints, or flaws. Your ribbon supply should now be loaded. NOTE: The ribbon-loading process is the same for all ribbon sizes in steps D – J.
LOADING 2.5" RIBBON SUPPLY
- With spindle flange on the right side, load ribbon onto the ribbon supply spindle, with the ribbon leader extended over the top and toward the back.
- Align the ribbon supply in the center of the ribbon spindle using the measurement marks.
- Apply the paper core to the ribbon rewind spindle, centering it using the measurement marks.
- Now refer to Steps D – J under Loading 4.3" ribbon supply.
Loading Vinyl Supply
- Load the vinyl supply onto the label supply spindle, centering and securing it with the fixing tabs located on each end.
- Place loaded label supply spindle into the label roll mount slots, with the label supply extending over the top of the roll and toward the front of the printer.
- Lead the label supply underneath the white Teflon bar, over the platen roller and through the printed label opening, leaving at least ½" of supply extended out to help prevent loading errors.
- Move the adjustable label guides to hold the label supply in place.
- Close the printer cover by slowly lifting up, then pressing down until it latches shut.
- Close the ribbon mechanism cover by pressing down and in until it latches shut. Your printer is now loaded and ready to print.
More Support Options
If you have any questions about using your DuraLabel PRO Series printer, get help from Graphic Products’ world-class support team by calling 800-788-5572 or visiting GraphicProducts.com. We’re here to help with all your labeling needs!