Your printer will handle a variety of print media, including a range of paper weights and sizes, labels, and envelopes. Learn how to load paper in cassette trays and multi-purpose trays.
Like visuals? You can view the instructional tutorial here: DuraLabel Catalyst User Guide
- Remove the paper tray from the printer.
- Fan the paper to be loaded at the edges and in the middle to ensure that all sheets are properly separated, then gently tap the edges of the stack on a flat surface to make it flush again.
- Load paper (letterhead face down and top edge towards the front of the printer), as shown.
- Adjust the rear stopper and paper guides as tight as possible to the size of paper being used.
- Close the paper tray gently.
HOW TO PREVENT PAPER JAMS
- Do not leave space between the paper and the guides and rear stopper.
- Do not overfill the paper tray. Capacity depends on the type of paper stock.
- Do not load damaged paper.
- Do not load paper of different sizes or types at the same time.
- Close the paper tray gently.
- Do not pull the paper tray out during printing (except as described in the following note for Tray 2).
NOTE: If you have two trays and you are printing from the Tray 1, you can pull out the Tray 2 during printing to reload it. However, if you are printing from the Tray 2, do not pull out the Tray 1. This will cause a paper jam. For face down printing, make sure the face up (rear) stacker is closed (the paper exits from the top of the printer). Stacking capacity is approximately 150 sheets, depending on paper weight. For face up printing, make sure the face up (rear) stacker is open, and the paper support is extended. Paper is stacked in reverse order and tray capacity is approximately 100 sheets, depending on paper weight. Always use the face up (rear) stacker for heavy paper (card stock, etc.).
CAUTION: Do not open or close the rear paper exit while printing as it may result in a paper jam.
- Open the multi-purpose tray.
- Fold out the paper supports.
- Press gently down on the paper platform to ensure it is latched down.
- Load the paper and adjust the paper guides to the size of paper being used.
- For single-sided printing on letterhead load the paper into the multi-purpose tray with pre-printed side up and top edge into the printer.
- For two-sided (duplex) printing on letterhead load the paper with pre-printed side down and top edge away from the printer.
- Envelopes should be loaded face up with top edge to the left and short edge into the printer. Do not select duplex printing on envelopes.
- Do not exceed the paper capacity of about 100 sheets or 10 envelopes. Maximum stacking depth is .4".
- Press the tray latch button inwards to release the paper platform, so that the paper is lifted and gripped in place.
- Set the correct paper size for the multi-purpose tray in the Media Menu.
More Support Options
If you have any questions about using your DuraLabel Catalyst printer, get help from Graphic Products’ world-class support team by calling 800-788-5572 or visiting GraphicProducts.com. We’re here to help with all your labeling needs!