Connecting DuraLabel Toro to an External Monitor
Last Modified: 07/22/2022
One of Toro’s optional expansions is an HDMI port, which allows you to connect your Toro to an external monitor or other display. To use this function, your Toro will need to be powered on before you plug in the HDMI cable. Do not connect the HDMI cable until instructed.
Like visuals? You can view examples here: DuraLabel Toro User Guide
How to Connect to a Monitor
- Once Toro has started up, Toro’s built-in touchscreen will show an orange toolbar along the top of the screen.
- Using the wireless mouse, right click on an empty part of the Toro desktop. In the menu that appears, choose “Change Desktop Background.”
- In the top left corner of the Appearance window, click “All Settings.”
- In the Hardware section of this System Settings window, select “Displays.”
- Confirm that you see only one display, as shown here.
- Plug the HDMI end (flat and narrow) of the included cable into your Toro. Plug the DVI end into your external monitor or other display. (You can also use a standard HDMI cable, or a DVI to VGA adapter, if necessary; these are not included with your Toro.)
- Once the cable connects your Toro and your external monitor, a second display will be shown in the Displays window on your Toro. Make sure that the “Laptop” box is selected and click the On/Off toggle button.
- When the button shows “Off,” click Apply. The Toro’s built-in touchscreen will go black, and your external monitor will be activated instead.
- You should see this prompt on your external monitor. If the display appears correctly, click “Keep This Configuration.” Otherwise, the previous display settings will be restored automatically after about twenty seconds. NOTE: If your monitor isn’t displaying anything, verify everything is connected and that your monitor is set to DVI as the Input Source.
- At this point, you will be able to use your Toro with the external monitor.
Your new display settings will be saved in your Toro. You can disconnect and reconnect this external monitor without reconfiguring any settings, and your system will automatically switch between using the external monitor and Toro’s built-in touchscreen. If you connect a different display, you may need to follow these steps again.
More Support Options
If you have any questions about using your DuraLabel Toro printer, get help from Graphic Products’ world-class support team by calling 800-788-5572 or visiting GraphicProducts.com. We’re here to help with all your labeling needs!