Cleaning Your DuraLabel Toro
Last Modified: 07/29/2021
Dust, residue, or adhesive on the print head can result in an unclear printout. Keep the top cover closed when printing.
IMPORTANT! Always turn the power OFF and remove the battery before cleaning or performing maintenance. Wait at least 5 seconds before turning ON the power. Basic cleaning of the print head, cutter and platen roller will extend the life of the printer and allow crisp, clear labels and signs with every printing.
Prefer video instructions? You can watch the tutorial here: How to Clean a DuraLabel Toro
How to Clean Your Toro
- Turn the printer power OFF. Remove the battery, if one is being used.
- Open the printer cover, raise the print head mechanism, and remove the ribbon and label supply from the printer.
- Open one of the individually packaged cleaning swabs, or lightly moisten a soft cloth with isopropyl alcohol (isopropanol).
- Gently rub the swab or cloth back and forth across the front and underside of the print head to remove any built-up adhesive or residue.
- Run the swab or cloth between and around the gray adjustable label guides to clear any dust or adhesive build-up.
- Finally, use the swab or cloth to clean both sides of the cutter blade by gently inserting it into the slot in the cutter module and sliding it from side to side. The cutter module can be flipped forward to make the back easier to reach.
- If the cutter still carries adhesive build-up, you can temporarily separate the metal cutter assembly from its plastic faceplate. With the cutter flipped forward, remove the three Phillips-head screws (one at the top of the slot and one on each side of the module). You will now be able to reach the front side of the cutter blades more easily. (Be careful when the plastic faceplate is removed, as the cutter blades are sharp and could cause minor injury.) Be sure to put these screws back in place when you are finished cleaning the system.
More Support Options
If you have any questions about using your DuraLabel Toro printer, get help from Graphic Products’ world-class support team by calling 800-788-5572 or visiting GraphicProducts.com. We’re here to help with all your labeling needs!