Cleaning Your DuraLabel Lobo
Last Modified: 08/10/2021
Periodic cleaning will help keep your Lobo running smoothly.
Prefer video instructions? You can watch the tutorial here: How to Clean a DuraLabel Lobo
For all cleaning procedures, follow these steps first.
- Power off the Lobo printer. Remove battery if installed. Disconnect printer from power source.
- Remove cartridge from Lobo printer.
- To clean, place a cleaning swab between your forefinger and thumb and squeeze until it snaps. Alcohol will be distributed to the cotton side of the swab. Rub the swab on the areas indicated on the following components.
- Always allow 1 – 2 minutes for the component to dry before reconnecting power and operating the printer.
CAUTION: The cutter blade is very sharp. Do not place your fingers in the cutter.
- Locate the cutter mechanism at the left of the cartridge bay. The moving portion of this mechanism is a scissor-like blade, visible when looking at the left wall of the cartridge bay.
- Rub the swab along the flat and sharp surfaces of the blade. Try to remove any build-up present.
- Locate the cutter shear bar. This is another metal part, located to the left of the platen roller when facing the printer straight on. Clean this part using the cleaning swabs in the same fashion as the scissor blade. Swab the face, corners, and two sides of this part.
- Check the label exit chute for buildup. If necessary, clean this portion of the plastic housing in the same manner.
- Locate the printhead component within the cartridge bay, near the platen roller. The printhead is located on a white ceramic rectangle. The printhead heater line is a very thin black line travelling almost the entire length of the ceramic piece.
- Rub the swab along the entire heater line. Try to remove any build-up present. If excessive build-up is present and more leverage is needed, insert the swab through the cutter opening and clean the heater line from this angle.
Polyester Printhead Shield
- Locate the printhead component within the cartridge bay, near the platen roller. At the very top of this component is a thin, clear plastic film made of polyester. This shield helps guide the cartridge safely over the printhead. Over time, it may collect adhesive.
- Rub the swab along the top surface of the plastic film. Try to remove any build-up present.
- Locate the platen roller inside the cartridge bay. This is a black rubber roller located in the upper left of the cartridge bay, near the printhead and cutter mechanisms.
- Rub the swab along the entire length of the roller. Try to clean around the entire diameter of the roller, or as far as the cotton swab can reach. Try to remove any build-up present.
More Support Options
If you have any questions about using your DuraLabel Lobo printer, get help from Graphic Products’ world-class support team by calling 800-788-5572 or visiting GraphicProducts.com. We’re here to help with all your labeling needs!